Monday, October 13, 2008

Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire

Sure, I've experienced Jack Frost's nip growing up in the Wisconsin winters, but chestnuts on an open fire? I had to wait until I got to Orahovica to know what that's all about. Yesterday my wife, Enoh and I enjoyed an afternoon with the pastor and his wife picking chestnuts in what has become a traditional event. Here's the "fruit" of our "labor":

As for the roasting, Petra loves them - she can never get enough. It's an acquired taste for me though; even with 3 seasons under my belt I have not acquired it. Picking them is the fun/relaxing part. As pastor Slobodan said, you don't have to reap or sow, you just take what has fallen from above. Kind of like grace I suppose.

1 comment:

Laci and Keri NĂ©meth said...

YOU GOTTA LOVE THAT STUFF...

AND THE GRACE IS A GOOD PARALEL