Friday, June 10, 2011

First Baseball Game in Orahovica

I've been like a little kid the last few days.  Just ask my wife.  She'd tell you I've been giddy, maybe even a little immature.  Why?  Because I'm excited about the first baseball game ever in Orahovica.  A few thoughts:

  • New things are hard to find in this part of the world.  No matter what aspect of life we're talking about - religion, recreation, raising kids - people like to do things the way they've always been done.  So the fact that so many people are involved in "America's pastime" here in small-town Orahovica is exciting. 
  • I'm proud of my team (made up of both boys and girls) who have been disciplined and dedicated to learning a sport they've never watched. 
  • I'm thankful for the team from Slavonski Brod who are driving from an hour + away to play against us.  I can't imagine having an easier time arranging this event than I've had with their coach. Thanks Garret for making this such a pleasure to organize!
Who's going to win?  I have no idea.  Come to Orahovica tomorrow at 15.00 to find out!

No comments: