Tuesday, April 7, 2009

First Trip to Slovenia (and Hungary, and Austria)

Spring has sprung, baseball has begun. So while daddy's checking the boxscores and watching the highlights he's left me in charge of the blog - which gives me the opportunity to look back at this past weekend.

I had the privilege of traveling up to Slovenia to see some of my relatives (on the Kuzmic side). Slovenia is the only current European Union country that was part of former Yugoslavia. (I'm smart for a little guy.)

I got to meet my 2nd cousin who was born just two days before me...

And was able to be held my some of my other 2nd cousins.
I also got to spend a lot of time on the pig farm where my Papa grew up...

Where I saw a piglet who was born just an hour before. Daddy told me he got to see how they make bacon.
I also got to visit a park where all I had to do is sit in the stroller while daddy made a circle and I was in Slovenia, Hungary and Austria all in a matter of seconds.

I ate...

I drank...
Mommy and Daddy even taught me where I came from.

All in all it was a great trip. If there's one thing I've learned in all my months it's this: no one place or people group has a monopoly on hospitality. Everywhere I've been - whether in the States, Croatia or Slovenia - I've met wonderful people who have loved us genuinely. Thank you to the 'Slovenci' who made our trip perfect!

2 comments:

Nate Torrence said...

Looks like you had a great trip - you are very cute!




www.theivesinthenight.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Enoh man,

Keep daddy busy with baseball... you still remain more fun...

Were the pig claustrophobic there?
I heard the cows are.
Because they are afraid if they slip, they will slide into Croatia.
:)

A Croatian joke...